This is another recipe from the Flavours of India cookbook, page 50. I made a double batch and I had quite a few. I was regretting that decision however, as they take a bit of time assembling.
The pastry is quite yummy as it has yogurt in it.
You bake them and do not fry them so they aren’t greasy.
Vegetable Filled Pastries (Lukhmi) in Thermomix
- 250 g flour
- 80 g ghee I used olive oil
- 2 Tbsp yogurt natural
- 50 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 sprigs of cilantro
- 100 g carrot cut into quarters
- 100 g potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 long fresh chilli’s I used jalapenos
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp ginger paste I used 30 g
- 1 tsp mustard seeds Black
- 10-20 Curry leaves didn’t have any
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5
- Shape into ball and let rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add ginger, mustard, curry leaves, cumin seeds and blend 6 sec/speed 8.
- Add oil or Ghee and saute 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1
- Add chilli, lemon juice, salt and reserved vegetables (Not peas) and combine
- 1 minute/REVERSE/speed 1
- (If you want your carrots and potatoes smaller, do not use reverse)
- Add peas and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 5
- Roll out dough and cut into circles.
- Place small amount of filling into dough and brush with egg white to seal. You can use a fork to crimp edges.
- Place onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden. You can brush them with melted ghee or eggwhite to give them a shiny finish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes 200C.