These are super easy and economical to make yourself. I find bakeries seem to charge a lot for them. It’s quick to make them yourself. This recipe is from the German baking book on page 240. Das Back Buch.
Ciabatta Buns Thermomix
- 20 g Olive oil
- 300 g water
- 20 dried yeast
- 500 g all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt I used a mixed herb and salt blend
- Grease baking pan with olive oil on parchment paper.
- Water and yeast 2min/37C/speed 2
- Add Flour, oil, salt
- 3mins/DOUGH mode
- Let rise in a warm spot 20 minutes
- Shape into a oblong form and cut into 8
- Dust with flour.
- Bake 15-20 minutes 250C or 375 F.